Data Security: Keeping You Safe
Here are some of the ways we as a direct marketing solutions provider keep our clients' data secure, on and offline.
April 30, 2014
Did you know that in some situations, the use of a name and address alone, even when void of context, is recognized by US privacy laws as a danger to an individual’s identity?
For some industries, staying in business depends on compliance with data security policies. Whether or not data security is a huge concern for you in your own marketing efforts, when you work with Compu-Mail you get the advantage of an operation built on security procedures and policies that have been fine-tuned to provide the utmost security in data transfer and management.
Security in the Management of Your Data
No two clients are the same; each has unique requirements for their projects and data management. We work hard to customize data management procedures so that all security requirements are accommodated and each customer feels comfortable temporarily sharing their data with us. Depending on the level of security required by each client, we manage data file transfer and processing of data files in a number of ways. Clients in industries with high data security requirements, such as financial or healthcare companies may require more complex data management. This video explains a custom solution built for a client who requires the strictest procedures for data management. You can read more about this example in our blog Case Study of High Security Data Management [Video].
Physical Security Measures
The secure transfer and virtual management of data means nothing if our facility isn’t secure to begin with. Here are some of the ways we protect our operation from data tampering in our physical setting:
- Our headquarters are monitored by dozens of cameras and we store footage for a minimum of 90 days.
- All PCs are locked down from external drives including USBs and CDs/DVDs.
- Access to the building is regulated and monitored with electronic badge access.
- Quarterly internal vulnerability audits are performed with the help of third party auditors.
- We conduct business from multiple servers, some of which were established for specific clients, and a number of which are virtual.
- Our server room is humidity and temperature controlled.
- Our comprehensive redundancy plan includes a second facility that can be fired up in case of emergency.
Compu-Mail is SOC 2 Type 2 and SOC 3 certified. This is a certification that reports on controls at a service organization relevant to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, or privacy.